Terms & Conditions
- Bookings made by email and or telephone will remain firm provided we receive the amount due within 48 hours.
- If your holiday starts within 30 days of the date you make the booking you are required to pay the total price of the holiday on returning the pre arrival booking form. We will provide you with the relevant details.
- Prices quoted may be subject to change without prior notice. However once a deposit has been received and the booking confirmed prices will not change.
- For all bookings if your holiday starts more than 30 days after the date you make the booking you are required to pay a deposit of 50% of the total rent due for the period booked at the time of confirming the booking.
- Bookings will not normally be accepted for periods of less than 7 nights over Christmas and New Year, or for Festive periods and 3 nights for the rest of the year, but we suggest you check with us first as sometimes arrangements can be made.
- For all bookings once we receive the deposit we will provide you with full villa details giving confirmed dates and full details of the booking.
- Because of the personal nature of the accommodation we will not accept a booking where the number in your party exceeds 6 adults (or 4 adults and 4 children), unless with prior confirmation. We reserve the right to refuse entry to your party if either one of these situations arise and you will forfeit the payment.
- All payments must be received in US Dollars. We will accept other currencies provided you have previously agreed an applicable rate of exchange with us at the time your payment is made.
- Monies received must be for at least the rental amount quoted in the invoice. Payment must be via Bank transfer and all bank charges must be in addition to the rental sum and for you to bear.
- For a villa booking a security deposit equal to one day’s rent will be payable on your arrival by way of cash. The deposit will be used as security for any damages and or charges incurred by you during your stay. This amount less any chargeable items will be returned to you upon departure.
- For all booking secured more than 30 days in advance a deposit is required and full payment must be received 30 days in advance. If it is not the villa owner manager reserves the right to assume you are no longer coming and will look to re-let the villa. In all cases the cancellation policy will apply.
- Normally, if a cancellation is made, we are only able to refund monies if we receive a booking to replace your original booking, less an administration fee of US$150. If that booking is for fewer days, or for a reduced amount, we can only refund the amount replaced, less admin fee.
- Any amendments that reduce the total rental amount may be treated as a partial cancellation and may be subject to the cancellation fees stated above.
- In the unlikely event a villa booking is cancelled by the owner we will attempt to secure a booking in an alternative property of the same standard, at the same rates. If this is not possible, a full refund will be made.
- Once we have accepted your booking and received payment of the deposit amount due we will issue a confirmation of your booking. You will then be required to make full payment as set out above and below and in accordance with the villa policy:
(a) not to make any change or alteration to the villa or fix anything to the walls or damage it in any way or remove any of the furniture or effects or carry out any redecorations.
(b) not to use the villa other than as a private holiday residence for the people specified on the booking form.
(c) not to behave in a way that might conceivably cause embarrassment to the owner or neighbours or others sharing the property.
(d) to keep a record of all telephone calls made during your period of booking and to pay such charges and any other charges incurred during your stay.
(e) to pay for the washing or repair of any item in the boundaries of the property specified in the booking form which is soiled or damaged during your stay except for reasonable and normal wear and tear.
(f) to allow us and or our representatives with or without workmen to enter and view the property on reasonable notice (except in the case of emergency where no notice shall be necessary) to carry out repairs which may be necessary during your stay.
(g) To report to us or the property manager any disrepair or defect in the property or facility of the property as soon as possible.
(h) not to sublet the property
(i) not to ask any of the staff to leave the property other than in order to purchase food or goods that you have reasonably requested and they having agreed to do so you having provided the funds to carry out such money as necessary to carry out such purchase. If at any time during your stay you break any of your obligations then we and or our representative can re-enter the property and your holiday letting will then immediately end without prejudice to any other rights and remedies which the Owner and or his representatives may have.
It is a condition of booking that every member of your party is fully covered by travel insurance to include loss and damage to personal effects and medical insurance to include evacuation and repatriation as well as general travel insurance. By making a booking it will signify that you have done this and we will not remind you of this and in so doing you absolve us or any subsidiaries or representatives of any liability whatsoever in this regard.
For the avoidance of any doubt, we will not be responsible for any financial loss or for damage to the belongings of any persons permitted to occupying the property or for any injury sustained by them or any member of their party whilst such persons are either staying at the property or travelling to from or in Sri Lanka whether on their way to the property or not. we use a number of organisations agents and companies in providing transport and other services throughout Sri Lanka and shall not be held responsible in any way for their conduct and or injury and or loss sustained to or suffered by any member of the party or their companions for any reason whatsoever.